- The CSP Center revenues are used to cover its operational expenses and fund its activities.
- Funds received through our Contributing Members / Donations option will allow us to increase our activities in line with our organizational objectives, which include:
- Hosting an Annual Carl Rogers Conference. Although the theme of the conference changes from year and year, the principal objective is to provide members of the Person Centered Community with a space for Connection and Encounter, an opportunity to listen and to share with others their work in PCA.
- Building Upon the Carl Rogers Memorial Library. We want to make it the best library and resource in PCA for people around the world, in terms of content, in digital media and distribution, and in proprietary video offerings.
- Provide seed money for doctoral studentsinterested in doing their dissertation and research on the value of PCA for psychotherapy, organizations and education.
- Provide lectures, courses and workshops at CSP’s present site and through the internet for people around the world.
- Translate more of Carl Rogers’ tapes and papers in different languages and have them available through our library.
- Expand funding sources by actively seeking grants and donations that will enable us to meet our objectives.
- Develop a support infrastructure to allow us to grow and function effectively.
- Provide support for PCA practitioners in their efforts to expand the knowledge and practice of PCA around the world.
- Honor the work of PCA practitioners around the world with an award to recognize their contributions to PCA.
- Publish a journal to motivate people to write papers and report research being done in PCA.
PERSON CENTERED PSYCHOTHERAPY
Carl R. Rogers developed a profound practice and understanding of psychotherapy. Rogers’ essential insight is that certain qualities of the relationship between therapist and client (or person and person) can be learned and practiced to create an optimal interpersonal climate for personal growth, development, and healing. In this course, we will be learning through our own experience, reflection, and practice.
March 5th - 7th 2021.
Carl Rogers Interim Conference
We are pleased to announce our upcoming interim conference, which will provide a safe space to join together for Community and support during our continuing Corona-isolation.
The Encounter Group process is central to the way we seek to be with and interact with one another at the Center for Studies of the Person (CSP). Even those familiar with the structure may have questions…March 20 & 21, 2021
This workshop presented by Barbara and Heather Williams will explore the person centered approach and play therapy. With their own developed philosophy, they build upon the principles of humanistic psychology developed by Carl Rogers, Virginia Satir, and Virginia Axline. Their work focuses on the deep respect for a child and the child’s wisdom.
April 17th & 18th, 2021