Finding inner strength, connection and opportunity in times of crisis
A Call For Presenters
We are in the process of defining our presentation and discussion topics, and look for input from people interested in participating and presenting to furnish their suggestions. Your presentation will be viewed by people all over the world.
Possible Themes for Presentations and Discussions Include:
- Memories of times with Carl Rogers – discussion and share
- Viewing and discussion with Will Stillwell of videos of Carl Rogers therapy sessions, with subtitles for a number of languages, including English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese and Portuguese.
- Myers-Briggs and PCA – how can I use PCA to work with other personality types
- The Encounter group process. What do we know about Encounter and why does it work so well ?
- Research and PCA – what does research tell us about PCA? How can we apply non-medical research models?
- Taking care of myself in the coming elections. How can I find and express my power and avoiding feeling like a victim?
- How can PCA help me deal with my fears of the unknown in the current crisis?
- Just how important are the 6 conditions?
- How can PCA help me bridge the gap in these hyper-partisan times?
- What drew you to PCA?
- Dealing with racial prejudice for the first time – my experiences as an immigrant
- What does it mean and feel like to be discriminated against?
- Responding to discrimination – what are my options?
- Increasing my awareness about discrimination – individual reactions to the Netflix documentary, 13th, and other sources
- The upcoming elections and my reactions
- Understanding the political differences that separate us, the narratives we create to make sense of the world and the information we select to support those narratives
- Bringing our person centered selves to facilitate meetings and discussions that will bring the whole person into the conversation rather than just one facet (facilitator, process consulting)
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in presenting and details about your presentation or theme that you are interested in presenting
Our theme this year - Finding inner strength, connection and opportunity in times of crisis is particularly apt given the challenges all of us are facing. We’re adapting to the Corona-challenge by moving this year’s conference to an e-format via Zoom. We are compressing our agenda into three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, August 7 - August 9, making it easier to fit into people’s schedules.
These meetings take place weekly on Friday's from 12 noon to 3PM, Pacific Daylight Time. We generally have around 14 people attending from around the US and the world. The purpose is to allow attendees to feel Community and Support as we Encounter with one another. The meeting is open to all CSP members, as well as to others who the members may recommend. An online Zoom meeting.
Antonio Santos is hosting a weekly PCA International Zoom meeting, which is held on alternating Saturday and Sunday mornings at 6AM Pacific Daylight Time. This start time accommodates the needs of attendees who are spread across the globe. The meeting runs for two hours, and is well attended by members of the International PCA Community - CSP and others.