Rather than engaging in theoretical discussions about PCA, the nature of CSP as a face to face community provides members an ample opportunity to engage with one another in a Person Centered way. In this environment members can see for themselves the transforming nature of PCA in its impacts on others and within themselves.
Members learn by doing and by observing as others model the elements of PCA:
- Not only do we have the opportunity to deeply listen to one another, we can also experience what it feels like to be really understood
- We can practice expressing ourselves in an authentic and congruent way, and observe the impact on us as others are more or less congruent
- Unconditional acceptance is a challenge for many of us, as we come into contact with the judgmental and intolerant parts of ourselves which are activated by individual differences.
- We can experience the freeing that comes when we feel completely accepted, as well as the challenges we face when we respond with judgment and criticism to those whose PCA-ness is different from what we think it should be.
- We can observe the reactions that arise within us as we respond to others, the resistance that arises from within as we struggle to accept others in their uniqueness, difference and diversity, without needing/requiring them to change their way of being as a condition for acceptance.
Members who are not physically present in San Diego can skype into our meetings and take part in our Encounter.