We are returning for 2018 to the Hotel Dana, whose island-like setting and attractive meeting facilities provided an attractive stage for our first two conferences.
The Dana is located on beautiful Mission Bay, with convenient and affordable access with $7 Uber fare to the San Diego Airport. It is a mile from the Pacific Ocean at Mission Beach and one-half mile from SeaWorld San Diego.
The hotel has provided us with a special pricing package for conference attendees: with comfortable double rooms for $119 per night plus tax. Upgraded rooms are available for an additional charge. Check with the hotel for details. To be eligible for the special group rate you should call the Hotel Dana at 800-445-3339 or 619-222-6440 and identify yourself as attending the 2018 Carl Rogers Birthday Conference. The hotel does not currently offer on-line booking for conference attendees.
An advance deposit or credit card guarantee for the first night’s room and tax is due by January 1, 2018. Reservations received after Monday, January 1, 2018 will be provided on a space available basis. If the Group Rate is not available after the cutoff date, the prevailing rates will apply.
We urge attendees to stay at the hotel, where possible, and to book your rooms through the conference room allotment, rather than through outside services such as Expedia, Priceline, Trivago or Hotels.com. This has several advantages for you and for us.
Benefits To You for Registering through the Hotel include:
• The hotel has a very generous cancellation policy, which allows you to cancel rooms up to 48 hours before occupancy without paying a penalty.
• On-line booking agencies generally do not allow you to cancel a room once you have made a reservation or impose a large penalty for doing so.
• Waiver of the mandatory $35 resort fee, which is an additional charge for bookings made through on-line agencies.
• The hotel’s price guarantee - if you find a lower rate through an on-line booking agency, the hotel has committed to honor that lower rate as long as you can confirm that rate and reserve through the hotel. In this case you will need to pay the service fee.
Benefits for us include:
• The hotel charge for the use of their conference facilities is on a sliding scale based upon the number of rooms booked in our conference block. The more rooms booked, the lower the cost for the conference.
• The meeting rooms are a significant expense for the conference.
• Hotel reservations not made through the hotel’s reservation desk will not be counted as part of our conference
The difference of one or two room reservations for the 4 days of the conference can increase our meeting room costs by $1000!
If you would like to lower your costs by sharing a room with another conference attendee, you should inform the hotel of this when making your reservation. In this way, if one of you arrives prior to the other, he or she will be able to check in, since their name will be on the reservation. The person making the reservation will guarantee the room with their credit card number. If the other person checks in first, the hotel will ask for that person’s credit card as the guarantee.
Parking (conference rate) is $5 per day for day visitors. It is free for people staying at the hotel.
- Mission Bay Waterfront Location
- Bay View Infinity pool & Spa
- Tropical pool & spa
- Seasonal pool bar
- Onsite restaurant
- Fitness center
- Massage services
- Meeting & event space
- Banquet facilities
- Waterfront Wedding Venues
- Private marina
- Onsite Water sport/bicycle rentals
- Dry cleaning service
- Laundry facilities
- Gift shop
- Concierge desk
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Express check-out
- Guest parking available
- **Dog-Friendly Lodging
- Business Center and complimentary printing
- Bottled Water in Room Daily
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Massage Services Discounts
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Parking (Normally $20/night)
- Dive-In Movies on Weekends
- Attraction Ticket Discounts
- Newspaper in lobby
- Local Phone Calls
- Fitness Center
- Lawn Games
The hotel is one-half mile from SeaWorld San Diego and a mile from the beautiful beaches at Mission Bay. It is within minutes of San Diego destinations like Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and the Historic Gaslamp Quarter. Several dining options are located within walking distance nearby, with many more at Mission Bay a few minutes away by car.
THE DANA ON MISSION BAY, BW PREMIER COLLECTION
1710 W Mission Bay Drive,
San Diego, California 92109
Rated: 4.9 out of 5 Based on 19 Reviews