The 2018 Carl Rogers Annual Conference
Bridging our Differences in Challenging Times
January 31 February 3, 2018
San Diego, California
Our theme for 2018 Bridging our Differences in Challenging Times - addresses one of the most pressing needs we face in today's highly charged political and social environment - how can we reach past our differences and engage one another in meaningful dialogue.
The task is particularly daunting when we consider all the obstacles we, and others face in:
- Overcoming our biases
- Getting past our judgments, anger and resentments
- Responding to the threats we feel when confronted by others and their different values, ideals and objectives
- Understanding our different perspectives and perceptions
- Accepting our differences
We will continue with the mix of activities that was so highly prized by participants at our 2017 Conference by providing a balance between:
- The opportunity to:
- Encounter, and be in
- The ability to
- Present and share ideas
- Hear and learn from others’ experiences
- Create or find resources and a Person Centered support system of other practitioners of person centered approaches
- The conference format will be a mix of
- Small groups
- Large groups meetings of the entire community
- Keynote presentations by respected members of the person centered community
- Presentations, demonstrations and discussions conducted by the individual participants
- Topic-based small and large group discussions about how we can Bridge our Differences using the tools at our disposal.
Our process will create opportunities to:
- Inspire and be inspired
- Explore, create and shape our own legacy and that of person centered approaches
- Craft our vision and develop our road map for the future.
- Make the conference a force for social, personal and interpersonal change and development
We welcome the participation and contributions of practitioners of person centered approaches and from other Humanistic modalities, as well as those who were influenced by Rogers but practice other approaches in psychology. The integration - now or in the future - in Humanistic psychology between Rogers and other person centered approaches and other orientations can provide rich ground for exploration and interaction.
San Diego is blessed with a Mediterranean climate – a welcome respite for visitors from northern climes.
We are returning to the Hotel Dana, www.thedana.com, which hosted our first two conferences. Its island like setting on San Diego bay, coupled with its attractive conference facilities and comfortable accommodations makes it an ideal base for our participants. We have negotiated an attractive room rate for conference attendees. Additional venue info here.
The hotel has provided us with a special pricing package for conference attendees: Its recently remodeled double rooms for $119 per night plus tax; upgraded rooms are available for an additional charge. To reserve a room call the hotel (www.thedana.com) at 800-445-3339 or our 619-222-6440. To receive our special pricing, you must mention when making your reservation that you are attending the Carl Rogers Conference.
Call For Presenters
We invite participants at our 2018 Conference to submit proposals for presentations workshops, demonstrations, lectures, panel discussions, stories of significant import, and other formats not yet imagined. We request that presentations relate to our theme Bridging our Differences in Challenging Times but we will consider other topics which you consider of value to our participants.
Please address your proposals to Will Stillwell email@example.com
Sign up to our Mailing List: