The 2017 Carl Rogers Annual Conference
The dates and location are set for the 2017 Carl Rogers Annual Conference
January 25-28, 2017
Holiday Inn Bayside
San Diego, California
Our theme is particularly apt for our era and should raise interesting issues for discussion and analysis:
- Does the technological connectivity which is changing the way we
communicate preclude connection at a deeper level? How can we use it to facilitate connection?
- To what extent can we use dialogue and engagement to shift the paradigms we find around us?
- Can we harness the power of connectivity to help create the paradigm shifts that interest us?
- In what ways can person centered approaches help us accomplish these goals? What can they tell us about the obstacles to achieving them?
In line with our theme, we are seeking to make our conference a model for paradigm shift.
- We will continue with daily opportunities for presentations, for small and large group encounter, and for informal connection - elements which have been highly prized by participants at our past conferences.
- We are also providing space in our structure for topic-based small and large group discussions about how we can shift the paradigms that interest us using the tools at our disposal.